THE SCOUT LAW
(1) A Scout's honour is to be trusted.
(2) A Scout is loyal to his country, his parents, his Scouters, his employers and to those under him.
(3) A Scout's duty is to be useful and to help others.
(4) A Scout is a friend to all, and a brother to every other Scout.
(5) A Scout is courteous.
(6) A Scout is a friend to animals.
(7) A Scout obeys orders of his parents, Patrol Leader or Scout Leader.
(8) A Scout has courage and is cheerful in all difficulties.
(9) A Scout is thrifty, he makes good use of his time and and takes proper care of possessions and property.
(10) A Scout is clean in thought, word and deed.
THE SCOUT PROMISE
"On my honour I promise that I will do my best -
To do my duty to God and my country,
To help other people and
to keep the Scout Law."
+ + +
Scouting is founded upon the Scout Promise and Law.